Monday, January 12, 2009

WTF - Rated (U/A)

Have spent hours on my couch eating potato chips, so many after noons reading forwarded emails about tweety birds and a large part of my life thinking about girls, but nothing, just nothing makes me feel as much guilt about wasting time, the way it does when I wait for the traffic signal to turn green. So here I was patiently waiting for the red to fade into a green. And suddenly, there is this guy in a cycle who squeezes in-between my car and the median, in the process disturbs my rear view mirror and nonchalantly moves ahead. It was Friday…I was in a good mood…so I go like…hey mister…what are you doing. Almost immediately this guys goes like…”get lost Ass%^*@”. Experience along with some sophisticated schooling has taught me that whenever am put in an adversity like this where my very character is getting tarnished, I retort with some thing even stronger. So, I immediately blurted out…”F*$%# off Ass%^, with my middle finger gesture complimenting the said statement. There was contentment even as I said that…ya…the state of bliss the learned call “nirvana”.

The signal turns green and having won the battle I drive ahead and took a quick peek at my rear view mirror…and what do I see…there is this guy in all rage following me at lightening speed. And here is when I notice…this guy is BIG…six foot 4 inches…that’s not all…he is 6”4 on all directions. Have you ever noticed this sign in mirrors that read “objects in mirrors are closer than they appear”. I didn’t either, till this incident. This Godzilla was growing in size and I was sure it was just a matter of time before he made minced meat outta me. The benefit of a superior car engine and a clear road helped me narrowly escape the clutches of this violently enraged man. Its only after I reached some distance of safety did it occur to me…isn’t it amazing that a small hand motion of mine instills so much rage in an otherwise passive person. I mean… think about it…all I said was “fuck“…isn’t that what is running in 90% of guy’s minds all the time…well ya 99% of the guys…or maybe all of us. So then, why get angry? Who came up with this really? This small movement of the middle finger...If only getting laid is as simple as that. We gotta change this people. This middle fingers action ain’t working. No idea why this was meant to be derogatory in the first place. Instead lets show him the bum as a symbol of insult. Think about it…you are driving, you take the pain of slowly getting up even as you maneuver the car and then show him the bum. Boy! That can be quite insulting. Imagine people going like…gosh! This is humiliating, he showed him the bum. Well…that’s some thing!!!

22 comments:

Mads said...

lol :P :P im happy with the middle finger gesture. the bum thingy is too eeeeks :((
i get really really really pissed when guys show their middle finger at me or some other girl...its alright between guys n guys, the mid finger is like, almost always waving up.

WritingsForLife said...

:-)
funny, but my question would be... why dont we have patience in traffic? people tend to get into more fights on the road than they would ever get otherwise.

Trinaa said...

life's disappointments r easier to tk whn u noe swear words inne? :P

deluded said...

I mean the asshole sign is good.

what were you thinking?

:P

Scribblers Inc said...

*shows bum*

take that!! @#@$@#!!!!
:D

scribblers Inc.

Anonymous said...

Middle finger works well for me, thankyouverymuch. :)

Nice post.

иidhi S said...

Completely true. Waiting for the Traffic signal to turn from Red to green, seems as the most wasteful moments of the day. And you encounter the most Red signals when you are already running too late, and those would be the longest ones, **sighs**
And obviously to soothe ones anger taking refuge into swear words seems so easier and comforting. :D Thumbs Up!

seriously_frivolous said...

Hey Mads..ok I will remember that just in case we bump into each other some time in the future ;)

seriously_frivolous said...

@ Raaji, unfortunately, I will not be best person to answer that. I am one of those who loses his cool when I see people violate rules...it so so pisses me off

seriously_frivolous said...

@ Trinaa, You said it right! It is a panacea for all frustrations in life

seriously_frivolous said...

@deluded...knowing you..am not thinking any thing else ;)

@Scribblers Inc...returns back the bum sign :)

@Ki ..thanks Ki..but some day if you get bored of the middle finger...you have your options

seriously_frivolous said...

@Nidhi...ya..traffic does two things to you..one..it takes way more time..and two..it gets you frustrated. Am trying to at least control the latter

~ A K S ~ said...

Middle finger gesture is the one that always works best ....F@#$ others ..why shuld we care :)

Krithika said...

hahaaa!! or we could show the little finger..a guy i know used to do tat.altho i'm pretty sure even tat has figd in the list of derogatory gestures
ps- makin my blog private..is ur blogger email id same as the one stated in ur profile?

иidhi S said...

Gud....wts d poitn of wastin ur frustration on such a frustrating thing..... :P

Kamala R said...

Funny... damn funny... enjoyed reading it. Keep it up!

pradeep said...

showing the tongue out was used as derogatory before...that also helps to stop those @#@#@ words coming out of the mouth :-)

Anonymous said...

@Serioulsy_frivolous
In case you were wondering re the origin of the fame-less(pha-llus) finger...

The origin of this gesture is speculative, and quite possibly thousands of years old. It is identified as the digitus impudicus ("impudent finger") in Ancient Roman writings[1] and reference is made to using the finger in the ancient Greek comedy to insult another person. The widespread usage of the finger in many cultures is likely due to the geographical influence of the Roman Empire and Greco-Roman civilization.

Another possible origin of this gesture can be found in the first-century Mediterranean world, where extending the digitus impudicus was one of many methods used to divert the ever present threat of the evil eye.[2]

Another possible origin is the phallic imagery of the raised middle finger (the middle finger being the longest finger on the human hand), similar to the Italian version of the bent elbow insult. Also, there is a variation of the finger where it can be done by performing The Fangul, by sticking out the finger during the throwing motion.

A popular urban legend states that during the Hundred Years' War, the French would cut off the middle fingers of captured English archers so they would be unable to use their bows, and that after the Battle of Agincourt, the victorious English showed the French that their middle fingers were still intact.[3]. This legend is more commonly said of the V sign.

deluded said...

kahaaaan ho bhai!

Vyzz said...

hahahah

carzy..

i guess people do that in US all the time..showign the bum ..i mean..

lol

cheers

vyo

Mads said...

no updates? :-ss

Arunima said...

lol! yu will be embarrased not him.